Tuesday, April 26, 2011
A Pause for Praise
Today, my youngest daughter Alicia will be announced as a Spring Court nominee in her high school. Her Senior class consists of approximately four hundred students or more and is quite an honor to be recognized along with nineteen other girls. This is her second nomination for her Senior year as she was nominated for Homecoming queen as well, finishing in the top ten.
What parent doesn't boast and brag about their children and all their accomplishments? A humble sense of pride fills my heart as I witness my girls overcome their own obstacles and shine like stars.
Alicia is heading to Florida this Saturday to attend a leadership program for DECA. Although I've sort of understood what Deca was, I honestly didn't have a clear definition. Thanks to google, here is it's definition:
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
Way to go Alicia!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Way to go Alicia! 400 in the graduating class? That is way beyond my ability to even imagine! I think I graduated with 40 kids in my class!
ReplyDeleteYou have every right to be a proud momma!!!