My dad moved on quickly after my mother died. No room for recovery, as another woman was always around filling whatever void my dad must have been facing. This woman who will remain nameless, owned a farm outside of Sidney and my dad would bring me there many times and I would wander the fields.
My mind was always full of imagination and this particular day was no different as I danced around in the wheat fields. How interesting to be such a young girl and in my heart recognize where God must be as I looked up into the sky a lot. I remember this beautiful sunny day as the sky was bright blue with clouds shaped like big balls of cotton. The wind must have been gently blowing as the cotton ball clouds changed shape and one caught my attention. Gazing up into the sky one cloud, one big fluffy cloud seemed to be gazing back at me. Not literally, but in my mind it was the one that whispered my name and I followed it. Through the wheat field I sauntered not taking my eye off of this cloud, the tears began to stream down my cheeks. I was only five or six years old at the time, and yes, I was out in a wheat field by myself following a cloud, crying for my mom. "Please bring her back" I remember thinking out loud. How long I followed is not for me to remember, and my very young self always found my way back to where I was suppose to be. The vision I saw that day was just the beginning of my knowing there was a God, and He was looking out for me.

I remember feeling very frazzled after Shannon died at how quickly her husband moved on. I couldn't stand it. I, too, found comfort in nature...in letting the breeze cool my senses and having the sun warm my face as I closed my eyes. I think God comforts us in his beauty that He's created for us. Tender mercies, indeed.
ReplyDeleteGod's blanket of nature is a constant reminder of His presence, and I'm very thankful for it's beauty. Thanks for reading, and sharing :)
ReplyDeleteI love the way the Lord has helped U through the many parts in your life.. U have become such a wonderful Woman, Wife, Mom and best Friend/Cousin any person could ask for.. and along with the Lord U have helped me through a lot of loss's. Love U and keep the Memories coming.. You make Your Mom and Dad very proud. they are smiling down as they watch you grow into such a whole and loving person..
ReplyDeleteThe best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles. - Anne Frank
ReplyDelete