Monday, May 9, 2011
I have purpose
When I decided to blog exerts of my life, I knew it was going to be a tough journey. My motive was to paint as clear a picture as possible challenging myself to face it all head on, without fear. Of course the journal entries of my life take me back in time, and it's not as easy as I thought it would be. I struggle to paint vivid pictures with each entry, as some of these entries just need to "get out" so I can "get on".
My mother's day entry has been my most difficult to write. So many emotions surfaced, and although I recognized a lot of them, some I didn't know I had, and some I had to immediately surrender to God once the entry was finished. I am committed to see this through even if I'm faced with reliving those hurtful times and places in my life.
I thank God for the strength to face my darkest days. Thankfully I know how my story unfolds or I don't believe I would ever be able to face such pain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I read your last several posts and thought to myself...How in the world did that girl survive until adulthood? You're a survivor for sure!
ReplyDeleteThanks Roberta...I'd like to think so as well. You too are a beautiful example of survival as well :) I'm so blessed and proud to know you!
ReplyDeleteTracy I am soooo proud of you. where you have been where you are now and where you are going.. and with all the love, memories and suport in your life.. you are a much stronger Lady than I am. and I thank the good Lord for putting you in my life as an example of what i could be.. I love you and pray for all the best from this moment on...
ReplyDeleteThank you Nancy. Your words of support mean so much to me. God is so good. He has blessed me for giving me a heart that would not grow cold and bitter and allowing me to love deeply. HE deserves all the glory as we've all faced hurt and pain, I believe we all have strengths we're unaware of. :) mine seem to come from my weakest moments.
ReplyDelete