Me, my dad, and 3 of my four brothers

Me, my dad, and 3 of my four brothers

Photo's of Anderson Family

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

When people ask Why?





I thank God for my experiences, for the strength He has given me to face the many trials I have faced and the ability to forgive those who have hurt me. I thank God for all the stepping stones that have led me to be the mom I am. I thank God for my husband who has worked hard along with me and help parent and guide our daughters along this journey. It hasn't been easy, but our unity has helped soften the tough times.

God never intended for me to carry this weight, and the burdens that come with that weight. I confess, I have faced weak moments where I am tired of being "strong", but then I remember God promised to be the strength for me. God meant for me to give all my cares and worries to Him, so that I may live a life of "True freedom" from the gunk that collects and clutters up my heart if I fail to do so.

Watching the fruit of our hard work through our daughter's lives has inspired me and given me hope to press on. We have faced many many criticisms from other parents who believed our parenting was "too firm", "too strict", "unreasonable",and even "old fashioned".
Our girls, and their lives are proof that this is not the case. I never expected my children to jump through hoops when we forbid them from having cell phones until they were in high school, or prevented the younger two from having text messaging on their phones until they graduated high school. We didn't expect them to pat us on the backs in support of the "double dating only" rule, or when we didn't take them down to the DMV to pick up their drivers license the minute they turned 16.
No, we reminded our daughter's how we, as their parents we're accountable to God for our decisions in raising them and the guidance we offered to them. My prayer is our girls will continue to recognize the wisdom they've seen from the guidance we have provided them and feel the hope attached to it for their lives in the future. Our way isn't the "right" way, but our heart to serve God and parent our children the way we believe God intended provides an example for our children and an understanding that we have an obedience to God no matter our age or our position. Our purpose and it's reflection is, was, and will always be to guide them. In the end, it's God whom we will all stand before and give an account.

1 comment: