Michael and I join HOH girls on a visit to Cowboy Bill's Ranch
January is my slowest month of the year at the salon, so when I noticed my bleak schedule for Saturday, I was able to rearrange a couple appointments and spend a few hours with the girls outside of the city on a horse ranch. Michael came along this time and got a chance to see who I spend so much of my time with when I am away from home and volunteering at HOH.
Sitting around the table, the girls learn details of a horses anatomy
This seemed like a second home for the HOH girl. They appeared extremely comfortable as their faces lit up while we sat at the table to discuss hooves and their important function to a horse.
Miss Stephanie (on the right) brings such encouragement to these girls with her commitment to them. I work with her the most and I just love how well we work together.
These two had a bit of fun with artificial mustache...divided in two it was quite cute to see their imagination that made for a laugh.
These girls love being at this Ranch...their face shows it.
I feel a strong bond with these girls. It is impossible not to think back to when I was their ages. I remember clearly how much I wanted to be heard, to be thought of as important. I know how each of them feel....I've been in their shoes....to some degree.
This little sweet one turned 13 on this weekend. Shh...she would NOT like me calling her "little", but she is just so precious and will do Great things for the Lord, I just feel it.
God knows the plans He has for these girls, the hope and future He has for each one of them.... and I believe in God's great power as I have seen His work in my life...knowing what a troubled teen I was...someone believed in me. I believe in each of these girls, and I trust God will heal their hearts along with their parents who so love each and every one of them to invest their hard earned money and place them where they know their girls are being loved and cared for while each of them are getting help, encouragement, and vision for their lives as a family.
I wish my dad had sought parenting advice when he was raising us children. He was stubborn enough to see it through that's for sure...but, I love my dad no matter what. I am grateful for all of my experiences because I sure can appreciate these girls, their pulled hearts while they live in this house...and I'm so thankful for people like Cowboy Bill who opens up his home and is so giving to these girls. This was a fun time being with the girls and getting to see their joy as they experience the horses and other's who care about them so.




No comments:
Post a Comment