Me, my dad, and 3 of my four brothers

Me, my dad, and 3 of my four brothers

Photo's of Anderson Family

Friday, January 20, 2012

Tristan

Tristan opens a couple gifts we took him during our visit to the hospital.


Tristan is my best friends son who will be turning 14 in February.  He is a special little guy as he was born with Cerebral Palsy and struggles with full function of his left hand and his legs.  While he cannot talk with words one may comprehend, he can sign a few needs he may have with sign language.  Tristan speaks volumes with his laugh, his amazing smile and he is just a wonderful ray of sunshine who will brighten your day with one wave of his right hand as he holds it up in a crooked tilt and a little shake up and down.  Put on some music and Tristan will break out in an adorable little shake as his smile spreads from ear to ear.  Oh how he loves music, and I love his wiggle, his giggle and the expression he makes when you play music.


Michelle is my best friend and while we don't see eye to eye on many things, she is an amazing mom to Tristan.  I admire her for her poise, her patience and her deep love she has for her son.
Michelle helps Tristan open his gifts.


During these past four months, Tristan has spent most of his time in Children's Mercy Hospital.  First was to fight Ecoli, a horrible infection that was causing his Kidney's to shut down.  The hospital did dialysis to flush out the infection on his Kidney's and allow them to heal until they could function properly again.  After three weeks in the hospital, they sent him home and all began returning to normal...for a few weeks, until he stopped having bowel movements and they were back in the hospital.  The struggle to keep his bowels working on their own has been ongoing ever since.


Michelle took him home on Sunday after spending nearly another three weeks in the hospital with Tristan, and as of last night is back in the hospital.  


In all his 14 years, Tristan has had many special procedures that would help the mobility of his hands, his feet, his legs, and even help prevent seizures, which leaves an outline of the needs Tristan has had to help him live the best life he can live.  However, he has not suffered any complications from any of these procedures and he lives a great life all things considered.  So, with all the complications that have occurred within these past four months, I can't help being concerned with Tristan's health.  My concern isn't something I share with Michelle as I sense she shares the same unspoken concern.


I love Tristan, I love his mamma and I pray his health recovers to it's full capacity so he can live a long happy life.    

No comments:

Post a Comment