We've learned about our role as FP's is to reconnect children with their parents. The task seems large as we learn about the process in which children go through when they are being placed in foster care. Something I am familiar with, yet not what I've wanted to relive.
I'm unsure of my role in processing familiar emotions tied to the pain these children go through, therefore, I come to my favorite place to share such feelings, memories, and document what this process is like for me.
For example: the latest story was on a little girl who had long hair that one foster mom combed frequently, and when she was adopted by another foster family, they cut all of her hair off leaving the little girl to feel as though she was ugly.
I don't correlate that exact emotion, but it sparked a memory of when I was little and after my mom had passed away, one of the women my dad was seeing took me in to have all of my hair cut off. I had forgotten all about it as I don't recognize it as devastating, however, the memory rings strong in my mind the fact of this matter.

No comments:
Post a Comment