Me, my dad, and 3 of my four brothers

Me, my dad, and 3 of my four brothers

Photo's of Anderson Family

Sunday, April 1, 2012

ANDERSON to ALLEN

I've been so busy, this A-Z challenge will be difficult to follow to it's completion.  But, I am going to make my best effort.
A is for Anderson, the last name I was born with and the whole reason I began my blogging to begin with.  What's in a name really?  For me it means everything.  After all, it was the name I was born with, and the name I carried for 21 years, until my dad gave me to the one he trusted to take care of me.

June 30,1990 was my last day as Tracy Anderson and my first day as Tracy Allen.  I love my married name and this year has crossed the point where I have been an Allen longer than I was ever an Anderson.  


I have loved my married name as well, and have embraced my new name with pride, especially as each of our girls were born.
I'm sure most can tell my favorite letter in the Alphabet is in fact A  for the simple fact each of my girls names begin with that letter.  Amanda, Alexandra, and Alicia all given names that specifically begin with the important beginning letter of the alphabet.  While each of their last names will one day change, their first names will be a reminder of the wonderful letter.

We can't forget the infamous A Team that was traditionally started to represent our last name.  Each summer I make our shirts to display the bond we really do have with one another.  We love the letter A and it is sure to carry it's legend long after our girls take on a new name.



1 comment:

  1. What "A" fun post! And welcome to the A-Z Blogging challenge!

    ReplyDelete