Thursday, April 5, 2012
E is for Empty nest
I never dreamed Empty nest was more than a word phrase until I began experiencing it for myself. There wasn't much dialogue with other's on the impact empty nest would truly be and it seems to be such a taboo topic when discussing it with others. All I hear is "it gets better, it gets easier, keep busy, volunteer, spend more time with your spouse...etc..etc....bla...bla..bla...bla.
Empty nest is very real, an experience we all face, and yet most are unprepared for the emotions empty nest causes one to feel.
While I watch my girls go through life and experience adult decisions they have to make, I too have to make a conscious decision to "keep my mouth shut" and let them learn from their own decisions. However, it is a crappy feeling to keep quiet and it leaves me feeling helpless and nearly useless.
There isn't much more I have to say about empty nest other than I wish I understood the experience other mothers have had as they've gone through this themselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment