Two weeks ago, the two house staff hired to alternate taking care of the HOH girls, quit their job without notice.
However, two weeks ago the two house staff walked off the job leaving a mess of emotions for all to clean up. No one saw it coming and the office staff was unprepared for the gap it would leave.
Since then, I have offered up my time to substitute as a fill in house staff. The mess of emotions the teenage girls were experiencing were beyond overwhelming and I can't believe I am still going back each week. These girls have an abundance of potential and that is obvious to me, yet the enemy has been attacking their thoughts, the office staff thoughts, and even my thoughts.
Last Thursday night, there were three girls who graduated from HOH program which was refreshing to witness as they, along with their parents shared their testimony of their lives. With a room full of tears at the victory from their perseverance, my heart was filled with a renewed hope that my time served is important.
But, things change moment by moment when you're surrounded by seven teenage girls with their individual emotions and heartaches they face every day.
Sunday, one of my favorite girls ran away from HOH and two days later, has still not been found. My heart aches for her hurting heart, and for her parents who I am sure are in distress because of this event that has unfolded.
I am two days behind posting this simply because I spent Easter evening driving around looking for "K". My husband and Alicia as well also took their cars to drive around and look for her as well.
While I love working at HOH and helping where I can, I am overwhelmed with my own selfish emotion and what I will walk into tonight as I go and serve as House Staff.
I'm not sure how much more I can do, or how much longer I can serve. God is Big, He is Great, but I am small, and oh so exhausted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment